Polenta banana rum cake (gluten free)
This tastes like a pina colada in a cake!
There’s no oil or butter in the ingredients and it’s gluten free. Most importantly it tastes so good!
130g walnut pieces
100g fine polenta
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons dark rum
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan).
2. Roughly chopped the dates – set aside.
3. Mash the banana into a mixing bowl.
4. Add the walnuts, polenta, cinnamon and baking powder and stir until combined.
5. Add the rum, chopped dates and eggs (roughly beaten) and stir.
6. Pour the mixture into a loaf tin, lined with baking parchment or well greased.
7. Bake for 35-40 mins, a skewer should come out clean. If the top is browning too much you can put silver foil over the cake for the last 10mins or so.
8. Leave to cool for 5-10 mins then tip out of the loaf tin to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Store in an air tight container.
Enjoy the taste of a tropical island! x