Cacao and Coconut Protein balls
To complement my earlier recipe, here is another quick and easy energy ball recipe!
Bonus: Cacao is a total protein (contains all 9 essential amino acids) so great for those of you who are plantbased and wanting to get your plant based proteins! 👍
They’re quick to make and don’t need any baking.
30g dessicated coconut plus another 30g or so for the finishing touches
40g vanilla/plain protein powder
2 tablespoons cacao powder
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
1. Add the cashew nuts to a food processor and blend briefly.
2. Add the dessicated coconut, protein powder and cacao powder and blend until fine.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and honey and continue to blend in the food processor until well combined and a dough is formed.
4. Use the mixture to form separate ball-shaped bites. This can be a bit messy so you can use your hands or two spoons to do so. The exact number of balls you make will depend on the size you want them to be but the mixture should make 10-14.
5. Place some more dessicated coconut on a plate.
6. Roll the balls in the dessicated coconut to cover them.
7. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
8. Store in an air-tight container.