Chocolate Casein Protein Loaf Cake
I made a recipe and it was yummy, so thought I’d share it in case you thought it sounded yummy too!
🔹100g chocolate protein powder, ideally casein (I used @myproteinuk casein chocolate powder)
🔹130g Greek yoghurt or dairy free alternative
🔹1 tablespoon chia seeds
🔹2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder 🔹1 teaspoon baking powder 🔹50g dried dates, pitted
🔹1 cup water
🔹1 tablespoon nut butter, whichever is your favourite, I used @meridianfoods almond butter.
🔹1/2 cup milk – I used homemade cashew milk but any milk will be fine. If you’re fully plant-based go for the fortified versions . You should end up with a moist dough, if it’s still dry add a little more water.
1. Preheat oven 180 degrees C (fan).
2. Roughly chop the dates.
3. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, dry ingredients first, then wet, then stir together well.
4. Grease a loaf tin.
5. Pour the ingredients into the loaf tin.
6. Bake for 45 mins.
7. Leave to cool in the tin.
8. Once cooked slice and store in an airtight container in a fridge.
Perfect to take a slice to work or serve for friends with a cup of tea .