Bakewell Protein Slices
BAKEWELL PROTEIN SLICES
Last week I went home and Mum had some bakewell slices, I’d forgotten how much I like bakewell .
I was inspired to recreate bakewell with a twist for a snack for work, this was the result!
I took some back to Mum to return the favour too, she liked them but then again, she is bias!
🔸150 mls milk – I used homemade cashew milk, any dairy or plant based milk will do. 🔸1 tablespoon almond butter
🔸Raspberry (or any other fruit) chia jam – see the recipe on page 11 of my recipes on thelifestylepill.org. This recipe has half raspberries and half blueberries, mix it up, go for traditional cherry or use your favourite fruit.
🔸200g ground almonds
🔸150g vanilla protein powder – I used @myproteinUK natural vanilla
🔸1 teaspoon baking powder
🔸200mls milk – again, I used homemade cashew milk, any dairy or plant based milk will do.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan) .
2. Make the jam for the middle – again this can be found in my recipes on thelifestylepill.org. Set aside.
3. Make the base – mix all the ingredients for the base in a large mixing bowl. Combine well.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Press the oat mixture into the base of the tray. Using your hands might be best to ensure no cracks between the mixture.
6. Make the topping by adding all the topping ingredients into the (now empty) mixing bowl and combining well, a sticky dough should form.
7. Pour the jam on top of the base and spread evenly.
8. Evenly spread the topping on top of the jam. This needs care if not to get the jam on to the top of the topping, if you want the top not to be more pink than white!
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
10. Leave to cool in the tray and then slice.
11. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, these keep for at least 5 days.
Enjoy, it is perfect weather for a weekend of baking! x