Almond butter ice cream
This recipe combines two of my favourite foods, ice cream and almond butter . I feel that food shouldn’t be given labels such as ‘good’ or ‘bad’ or ‘guilt-free’, but as ice cream goes I feel this is pretty healthy as well as being super yummy . It’s also super easy to make .
350g bananas – roughly sliced
45g vanilla/natural protein powder
210g Greek Style yogurt (full fat)
200g almond butter
3 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Transfer the smooth mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker.
4. Freeze with your ice cream maker until you get the consistency you desire – for me that’s 30 minutes but it will depend on your own equipment.
5. Transfer to a tupperware and store in the freezer.
6. Take out of the freezer about 5-10 mins before you’d like to eat it to let the ice cream soften before scooping!