Banana, almond butter and oat bars
These are great to take to work as a little afternoon pick me up or as a breakfast bar.
60g pitted dates
2 ripe bananas
3 tablespoons almond butter
30g buckwheat flour (any plain/non self-raising flour will do!)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
50g roughly chopped dark chocolate (I used 72%)
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius (fan). 2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
3. Roughly chop the dates – set aside.
4. Roughly chop the almonds – set aside.
5. Mash the bananas.
6. Add the almond butter to the mashed bananas and combine well.
7. Put the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and oats to a separate bowl.
8. Add the chopped almonds and dates to the dry ingredients.
9. Add the mashed bananas and almond butter to the dry ingredients, stir briefly and then add the dark chocolate.
10. Stir well until all combined.
11. Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tray and press down so the mixture takes the shape of the tin and is compressed, has a flat top and is about an inch thick.
12. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
13. Leave to cool.
14. Once cooled slice into portions.
15. Store in an airtight container.
I have to admit I love cinnamon so actually added 2-3 teaspoons! I left it as 1 in the recipe as I know people can like things less cinnamony!